SAVE THE DATES
NWT Diesel Zatiny Regular Bootcut Jeans W32 L30 Wash 0088Z 32W 30L Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership BRAND NEW DIESEL THANAZ 8880L JEANS 31x32 SLIM SKINNY FIT TAPERED LEG BNWT
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman G Star 3301 Tapered Mens Jeans SIZE W32 L32 REF C1545: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Ben Sherman True Skinny Leg Jeans, Rinse, Size 29x32
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Joseph & Feiss Men Dress Pant 55% Polyester 45% Wool Size 40 30
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
New Men's ROBIN'S JEAN sz 32 D5696 LONG FLAP Straight Leg Jeans -Acid WashFjallraven Men's Dark Olive Pants, 36" waistPolo Ralph Lauren Camo Military Army Pants MEN'S SIZE 34 X 32 RNNICE
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
NWT christian pellizari WOOL FLANNEL PINSTRIPES MADE IN ITALY FLAT FRONT 37A.P.C. Pants 440960 Grey SJUN HASHIMOTO Pants 339747 Green 3TODD SNYDER Pants 579409 Beige 28
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Pantaloni Armani Jeans AJ Jeans Trouser REGULAR FIT men brown 06J31DF 47 Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Gianni Feraud Navy Cashmere Chalk Stripe Trouser 32R
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Adidas Terrex Pants - Men - L - 36”.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- ProSphere Women's Santa Clara University Tailgate Hoodie Sweatshirt (Apparel)
- Adidas By Stella McCartney Athletic Cropped Gym Leggings Size 8 Small
- NWT Coldwater Creek Plus Sz 2X Mirror Sequin Shell Top Navy Cruise Evening New
- Free People Womens Leggings XS Stretch Fabric Semi Sheer
- GIANNI BINI ACTIVE Reese Capri Legging M Brewer Palm Print NWT Gym Pant
- R+A Womens Kiki Flare Leg Jeans Metallic bluee Leather Size 24
- ONE TEASPOON AWESOME BAGGIES IN COBAIN 27 RIPS HOLES DISTRESSED
- Miss Me Jeans size 27x33
- LINGERIE SOUTIEN GORGE 95HH (=95L) ELOMI MORGAN
- Stunning Women's Versace 28 Denim Jeans. Inseam 34". EUC W2
- GAP Sculpt Sleek Womens Size Small Grey High Rise Leggings Zippered Leg NWT
- Haoland Unisexe Chaude Manche Longue Peigblack Bambou Tissu Épais Pyjama Pyjama
- Wacoal Embrace Encaje Wa814191 sin Varillas Camisón
- Leg Avenue Red Satin Strappy Lace Bra Set, Includes Garter Belt & G-String Combo
- Paige Denim Peg Straight 28x28 Straight Womens Stretchy Jeans Medium Wash
- Jcrew Collection Collection embellished Mgoldccan sweater hand-finished S
- Plantation Sweaters 500931 Brown M
- Le Leon Sweaters 932599 blueeｘMulticolor F
- CLUB MONACO TUMBLINAH CHANDAILS WOOL BLEND CHUNKY SWEATER NEW SIZE S
- The Row Womens Elastic Waist Denim Pencil Skirt bluee Pull On Size 16
- RARE Vintage Women's with tags leather motorcycle pants size 28 Baby bluee
- WOMEN'S 14 CLASSIQUE'S ENTIER SKIRT
- Zara Printed Leather Skirt BNWT - L
- MONSOON RRP TONI TIE SLEEVE JUMPER Size M
- Brand New Virgos Lounge Women's Christmas Jumper Size Small BNWOT Long Sleeves
- Freya Herstellung Wellen AS2950 Klassisches Bikini Unterteil black (Blk) XXL
- Womens Loose Long Knitted Cardigans Outerwear Sweaters Casual Blouses Tops A169
- ETRO Raspberry Silk Elastane Sleeveless Blouse w Ruffle - NWT - Size 40
- Tristano Onofri 100% Silk Blouse USA Size 16
- Calypso St. Barth NWT Women's Light bluee Batwing Short Sleeve Margo Shirt Top M
- NWT J.Crew Embroidered Bell-Sleeve Top Blouse Size 8
- Renaissance Men's Shoulder Cape, and Top with Detachable Sleeves, L
- Tahari Women's Green Floral Ruffle Blouse Size XL Lightweight 100% Polyester
- Salwar Kameez Suit Indian Pakistani Designer Dress Salwar Anarkali Wear G UK
- Débardeur loose coupe oversize Ayo size M en jersey flammé
- VAK STUDIO bruine top met mooie versiering op de schouder mt S
- Finamore Napoli Multi-colord Striped Cotton Shirt - Slim - (FUU)
- NEW Robert Graham CREEDANCE Starburst bluee Button Down Sports Dress Shirt
- Women's Comme des Garçons Button Down Long Sleeve Shirt Size L
- OFFICIAL LICENSED - IRON MAIDEN - THE BOOK OF SOULS SLEEVELESS WORK SHIRT EDDIE
- NWT NAUTICA Ocean Washed PLAID SHIRT 16 1 2 x 32 33 Light bluee COTTON
- Ralph Lauren Mens Slim-Fit Button Up Dress Shirt whtpnkbn 16 1 2
- Robert Graham Modern Americana Mens Shirt Flower Daisy Size 2XL XXL Tailored Fit
- Vip Very Important Pixels Men's T-Shirt Karl Lagerfeld - New His Fresh
- "BLESSED" 14 SHIRT IN JORDANS "COLUMBIA blueE" AIR blueE COLORWAY XIV RETRO LS
- Alien "Classic bluee" Hoodie, Sweatshirt or Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Canali Kei 1934 Sport Coat Silk & Cashmere 42R Dual Vents Surgeon Cuffs
- Brand new KENZO panel shorts in blueE contrast rrp Size XS - w30”
- New Men's Crawl Walk Run Camo Sleeveless Vest Hoodie USA Military Soldiers Army
- Helly Hansen W Hh Logo Crew Sweat - Choose SZ color
- SUPREME Marvin Gaye T-Shirt Medium NAVY FW18 Brand New In Hand
- OVO x Takashi Murakami Flower Owl Hoodie Complexcon 2018 Exclusive Sz Small
- ADIDAS Glanz Nylon Shorts Vintage Short Sporthose weiß-Gr. D4 (1344)
- Janis Joplin of The Biggest Female Stars Hoodie FullPrint Men's Hoodie
- RIP Day of the Dead Rappers ODB,Tupac,Easy E, BIG Sky bluee Sweatshirt by AF
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- New Dsquared2 Style Summer Slim Fit Jeans Shorts size W ( 29 - 30 ) 46 ., hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Emporio Armani - J06 Slim Fit bluee Faded Jeans - W38 L32 - NEW W TAGS RRP to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Bally Mens Dark Wash Straight Leg Jeans Size 44 US Made In Fonz Ferroni Jeans bluee Best Stretch Cotton bluee Suede Patch JFW-8916 Size 31
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
HUDSON DANDY Distressed Ripped Button Fly Straight Leg Jeans
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Mens Missoni Sport Jumper Grey Multicolor Logo Print Fleece Size M
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.