SAVE THE DATES
Jeans Denim G Star 60653 Tapered Mens Trouser Pants Dark Aged Destroy Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Jeans Denim G Star Kris Loose Tapered Mens Trouser Pants Vintage Worn
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Jeans Denim G Star Raw 5620 Slim Mens Trouser Pants Raw: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
C.P. Company Jersey 30 1 Button Print Crew T-Shirt in Total Eclipse
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Pantaloni di Tela Beige Marlbgold Classics men T W33 (42 Fr )
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
HI-Q Men Classic Jeans Knee Drape Panel Moto Biker Jeans Size 29-40 (577)Leo Köhler Pantalón de Caza Uso Pantalones Sportschütze Fusilero Oliva TamañosNEW POLO RALPH LAUREN Mens Corduroy Cargo Pants 32 32 NWT
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Knit Shirt Technical Man Long Sleeves Half Zip Grey orange Bjorn DVintage LL Bean Mens Wool Blend Sweater Fisherman Birds Eye Grey Beige Sz XL EUCHI-Q Men Classic Jeans Knee Drape Panel Moto Biker Jeans Size 28-40(1066)Men's Fjällräven Zip-Off Trousers Outdoor Pants W30 L28
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Men's Fjallraven Outdoor Trousers Hunting Combat Size W36 L30 AA2443 Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Diesel zatiny bootcut jeans wash 008m2 W34 L31
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
HI-Q Men Classic Jeans Knee Drape Panel Moto Biker Jeans Size 28-38 (964) jghf
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Mens Replay M909 JENNON Slim Straight bluee Jeans W32 L32.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- ProSphere Women's Santa Clara University Tailgate Hoodie Sweatshirt (Apparel)
- Adidas By Stella McCartney Athletic Cropped Gym Leggings Size 8 Small
- NWT Coldwater Creek Plus Sz 2X Mirror Sequin Shell Top Navy Cruise Evening New
- Free People Womens Leggings XS Stretch Fabric Semi Sheer
- GIANNI BINI ACTIVE Reese Capri Legging M Brewer Palm Print NWT Gym Pant
- R+A Womens Kiki Flare Leg Jeans Metallic bluee Leather Size 24
- ONE TEASPOON AWESOME BAGGIES IN COBAIN 27 RIPS HOLES DISTRESSED
- Miss Me Jeans size 27x33
- LINGERIE SOUTIEN GORGE 95HH (=95L) ELOMI MORGAN
- Stunning Women's Versace 28 Denim Jeans. Inseam 34". EUC W2
- Flora Nikrooz Royal Babydoll Chemise Nightgown Beaded Sexy Bridal Honeymoon M
- Lularoe TC2 Leggings, Halloween, NWT Skulls
- Aria Womens Pink Floral Short Sleeve Nightgown A28117831 Sz L - NWT
- LazyOne Women's Bear Hug Nightshirt 1Size4All
- 7 FOR ALL MANKIND FLIP FLOP BOOT CUT NICE WOMEN'S JEANS SIZE 25
- Vintage Helmut Lang Women’s Pants, SZ 30 x 32 Made in
- DRESS CAMP Sweaters 336683 Pink 38
- NWT TRINA TURK SWIMWEAR 2pc BIKINI MEDIUM FUSHIA FLORAL HALTER TOP
- Elaris Open Knit Pearl Button Pastel Pastel Green Cardigan Sweater Small
- LOUISA FERRERA Animal Print Jeggings Slim Skinny Treggins Stretch Casual Pants M
- Olivia M Woman's Sweater Vest Open Front Rabbit Fur Sz XL Gorgeous
- J. Crew "City Fit" Leopard Pant Stretch, Size 8, New W. Tags
- EILEEN FISHER Cardigan Dark Green Wool Sz XL Draped Open Front Italian Fabric
- DVF Diane Von Furstenberg Wool Sweater Cardigan Beige Women Sz S
- Karl Lagerfeld Women’s Floral Lace Trimmed Cardigan Sweater Size Medium
- Freya NEL MIX AS3820 WM black (black) 32°C
- Womens Yandy Sultry Crochet Cover-up
- Lilly Pulitzer NWT Skipper Popover Periwinkle Purple Heather XL Free Shipping
- Givenchy Polo Shirt Logo FR38
- RALPH LAUREN Tops & Blouses 625429 WhiteｘMulticolor M
- PLUS 1X Hand Embellished All Rhinestone Fancy Autumn Floral Design Long Top
- Earth music&ecology Tops & Blouses 389955 RedｘMulticolor M
- Alfani Printed Flared-Sleeve Top Yellow Bold pink XL
- CAbi Gelato Top 5035 Watercolor Print Drape Sleeveless Blouse Size XL
- Official NCAA Clark Atlanta University Panthers - PPCATU04 Mens Womens Premium
- Anthropologie Meadow Rue Cherry Blossom Mesh Shirt Sz XS Neon Pink
- Robert Graham Long Sleeve Mens Dress Shirt Knightsbridge Ltd Ed XL 145 660 EUC
- Lacoste green men polo shirt Lacoste 1212W17
- J. LINDEBERG Men's Ross Hybrid Pique Polo NWT
- Just Cavalli Mens T Shirt, Top, Size Small, White, Gc
- Vintage Benjamin Franklin 100 Dollar Bill Print T Shirt 5050 90s XL OSFA 34"
- Im Telling You Corgi Dogs Gildan Hoodie Sweatshirt
- Original Penguin Men's Long Sleeve Sueded Tipped H - Choose SZ color
- Ralph Lauren Mens Pink White Stripe L S Button Front Heavy Cotton Shirt 4XB
- Henry Jacobson Men’s Yellow 17 X 36 7 (XL) Vintage New With Tags French Cuff
- Paint Splatter Skull Hoodie Multicolor Art Crazy Melting Drip Sweatshirt
- Oriental TAILOR Okinawa Japan (25
- HUGO BOSS - Mens blueE GREY WOOL SUIT - 42 Reg - W34 L31.5 - GORGEOUS
- Mexican Flag colors Mexico Ripped Torn Heritage From MEX Born Hoodie Sweatshirt
- NEW 2019 ZILLI SHIRT COTTON AND LINEN MOD. GIULIO 19ZI10
- BROOKS BredHERS Casual Shirts 256397 orange M
- Balmain Khaki Badge Zip Hoodie [new tags] Authentic Mens Medium RRP
- VANCE AIR FORCE BASE ENID-OK AIR FORCE EMBLEM VETERAN SWEATSHIRT
- Dallas Cowboys Vintage Sweatshirt 80's 1980's Champion Tag NFL Football Team
- Che Guevara Camo Revolution Resist Disobey Camouflage Hooded Sweatshirt Hoodie
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Mens Diesel POIAK Slim Tapered Regular Fit bluee Jeans W36 L32, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
CARHARTT DAVIES PANT JEANS MEN'S LOOSE STRAIGHT W34 L30 DARK blueE LEVM276 to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email PAUL SMITH JEANS (34x34) SLIM TAPERED FADED 100% COTTON BUTTON-FLY - Excellent u or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Lacoste Men's Cardigan Vintage 90s USA Brown Sweater Size LZanella Natural Stretch Bennett Trouser Dress Pant Camel Beige 31
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Onia Men's Pants XL COLLIN DRAWSTRING LINEN PANT tan Dune NWT
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.MENS Big Smith Dungarees Denim bluee XL W38 W40 W42 L32 (A3K)
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.