SAVE THE DATES
TYR Competitor Speedsuit - Men's Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Brooks Bredhers 1818 Regent Silk & Linen Peak Lapel Spring Sport Coat, 44R
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Ryan Seacrest NEW bluee Mens Size 44 L Modern-Fit Two Button Blazer 072: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Men's Stylish Genuine Lambskin Casual Office look Leather Blazer MB 23
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Domenico Vacca Mens Blazer Size 54 Italian bluee Pink Striped Wool Three Button
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
LensCoatBodyBag 4 3 (Realtree AP Snow)CHAQUETA HOMBRE HUMMEL HML ASMUS 203697.2001 blackCANALI mens Dbl breast gold BUTTON sport coat blazer 46R Tan 100% wool solid
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to email@example.com. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Steampunk pirate coat gothic dandy cape suede engraved leather PunkRave Men BkNEW Mens Orlebar Brown Athlete Zest Swim Shorts GENUINE RRP - Size 36 NWOTLoose Plaid Mens Woolen Long Coat Overcoat Warm Cashmere Double-breasted LapelNWT PALM BEACH Boyd Brown bluee Plaid Wool 2Btn Flat Front Suit 46S 40W
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
EA7 EMPORIO ARMANI MAGLIONE EMPORIO ARMANI EA7 green-XL Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, HANDSOME 3 Button Wool Blend ARMANI COLLEZIONI Sportcoat. Solid.Made in .
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Manteau black avec motif floral élégant aristocrate punk rave y-546 Punk Rave
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Vintage Thomas Stuart Men's Brown Sportcoat Unknown Size.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Miss Selfridge Embroidered Doubled Breasted Plaid Boyfriend Coat Size 6
- Brooks Running Women's Chaser 5" Short Size Large White Navy
- VICTORIAS SECRET PINK BLING KENT STATE DOG HOODIE NWT
- Market & Spruce Shirt Womens Blouse Stitch Fix Kassa Poplin Tunic Med Top
- Unbranded Multicolor Poncho Wrap One Size
- Bogner Fabia Chaqueta de women red whiteo Tamaño 38M NUEVO con Etiqueta
- Womens 3x1 WM3 Light bluee Stella Denim Straight Crop Fringe Jeans Size 26
- Zara Blazer Imprimé Floral Matelassé Cardigan white Maille Blouson Bloggers M
- NWT GRACE IN LA Women's Denim Jeans - Stretch Bling- Skinny - Size 10 (26x31)
- Roll Up Hem Skinny Jeans
- Miss Me Vintage Womens 27 Skinny Jeans Mid Rise Embroidered Anais Boho Festival
- EILEEN FISHER Green Organic Cotton Denim Pants Tapered Leg Jeans Sz 10 Stretch
- Wacoal Punkte WM bfa930 Bügel,geformter BH
- Loft size 12 brown pant suit
- Hudson Los Angeles Jeans Krista Super Skinny Stretch Dark Wash Sz 30 worn 3X
- pink CHA RUNWAY BRAZILIAN GREEN BIKINI SET WITH EMBELLISHMENT SIZE S
- Wildfox Couture White Label American Flag Sequin Shorts Size XS NWT Retail
- Yigal Azrouel Soft Pale Mauve Shell Draped Mermaid Skirt size 4 - NWT
- Sz S DROMe Burgandy Leather Side Zipper A-Line Mini Skirt
- La Redoute Womens Pointelle Knit Cardigan 350134288
- Moth Anthropologie Size Medium Plaid bluee Metalic Shrug Cape Sweater Wool
- ROBERTO CAVALLI, SIZE 8 10 M MEDIUM LIGHT RIBBED SWEATER TOP WHITE CAREER CASUAL
- Ralph Lauren size 2 bronze metallic pencil skirt, side zip fully lined
- Sea blue Cashmere Sweater Size L
- Freya Geist AS3908 Tunika Flamme (Fle ) XS
- Lilly Pulitzer Margie M 8 10 Navy bluee White Micro Cord Mini Skirt Horse course
- Pencil Skirt Women Stretch Waist Knee-Length
- New St. John Collection Metallic Ombre Top Size Medium MSRP
- RENAISSANCE Blouse, Boustierre Vest and Head Piece - Large - Never Worn
- QUEENS COURT Tops & Blouses 508367 WhiteｘMulticolor 2
- Lisa Rinna Collection Dip Dye Credver Top Tank Top Dusky Taupe XXS NEW A299568
- Pure Silk Cream Animal Print Embellished Cynthia Rowley Formal Vest szM. Absolut
- Alfani Womens Embroidered Tunic Tank Top alfperybluee S
- Womens Lagenlook Loose Star Print Top Cotton Plus Size 18 20 22 24 26 28 30 9482
- Throwdown Revenge Cross Angel Wings UFC MMA Womens Long Sleeve Thermal Grey L XL
- MOA Collection Women's Button Trim Top
- Sun 68 - Topwear-Polo - Man - bluee - 6004213C191938
- Joop Mens Polo Shirt Shirt Adonis Size XL bluee Cotton Spandex
- NEW WITH TAGS MEN'S POLO RALPH LAUREN NO.16 G.B.R TEAM POLO SHIRTS-WHITE NAVY
- °°White Stuff Berry Plain Long Sleeve Shirt Amazonite Light bluee Mens Size XL
- NWT Ralph Lauren Navy bluee White Plaid button down SS shirt Mens Size Small
- Aquila - MUSTANG AMERICAN CLASSIC - Mens T-Shirt
- Men's California State University Long Beach Old School Long Sleeve Tee (CSULB)
- Farah - Celtic T-Shirt - rostorange gestreift - NEU & OVP ( F4KF8067 )
- Despicable Me Minion Happiness is Friday Mens Graphic Baseball Tee
- 164 Imp Pimp Hoodie game tyrion lion lannister thrones king fantasy retro
- New. VERSACE MAINLINE COUTURE White Flannel Wool DB Sport Coat 50 40 R
- MISSONI bluee Sweater Vest Sz L 48
- Frida Kahlo Hoodie Fierce Mexican Pop Culture Feminism Artist Sweatshirt
- NEW BRIONI Dress SHIRT 100% Cotton Size 17.75 Us 45 Eu (SE32)
- Hugo BOSS Slim-Fit Phillipson Short-Sleeve Polo Shirt Mens Size L
- Asics Lite Show Tights Performance Mens
- Men's North Carolina A&T State University Ombre Hoodie Sweatshirt (Apparel)
- Adidas Manchester United Home Jersey 2017 2018 Mens SIZE XS REF 98
- Born and Raised New Hampshire State Flag Mens Hoodie
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Ralph Lauren Mens Wool Overcoat - M, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Club Monaco Waxed Tech Mac Olive Trench Coat Small to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email PRPS Goods and Company Hooded Field Vest Tested for Toughness or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Winona Ryder as Leilani in Reality Bites Ralph Lauren Denim and Supply RepurposeEmporio Armani EA7 Short Sz. L Man bluee 3ZPS73PJ05Z02 PUT OFFER
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Trussardi Jeans Cappotto Lana Vintage blue
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.J CREW Ludlow slim-fit blazer in moleskin
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.