SAVE THE DATES
BNWT MEN'S ITALIAN ICEBERG BLAZER IN DEEP GREY 56 XL RRP Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Thermore Mens Beige Mac, Size M C9404 A
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Luxury Ralph Lauren Cashmere & Silk Herringbone, Mens Blazer 38R in Light Grey: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Mens gold Sequins Flowers Stage Shows Lapel Collar One Button Slim Coats Blazers
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Giubbino collo alto a lupetto grey scuroMens Real Lambskin Leather Casual Coat Slim fit Motorcycle Casual Coat M105AT.P.CO Short Cotton Man Beiges APE12FLAVIO 830 Sz.54 MAKE OFFER
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
CMP CAMPAGNOLO CAMPAGNOLO LAINE POLAIRE HOMME 38J3527 U901 black-52SKELLERUP Oilyz NWT VTG Men's Oilskin Cotton Duster New Zealand Driden Brown SMMoto Armadura Ce Algodón Encerado Motero Forro Chaqueta con CinturónNWT ADOLFO Modern Fit Men's 100% Linen Suit Khaki color 2BT. Size 42L
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Men's TAN 865 Tailored Soft Real Nappa nice fittings classic Leather coat Blazer Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Helly hansen equipe Ski Suit Helly Tech full snowsuit rare bluee bib vintage
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Fred Perry Shirt Twin Tipped M12 F61 Polo
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the North Sails Men's Bermuda Mitch bluee Mod. 2434-v2.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- ProSphere Women's Santa Clara University Tailgate Hoodie Sweatshirt (Apparel)
- Adidas By Stella McCartney Athletic Cropped Gym Leggings Size 8 Small
- NWT Coldwater Creek Plus Sz 2X Mirror Sequin Shell Top Navy Cruise Evening New
- Free People Womens Leggings XS Stretch Fabric Semi Sheer
- GIANNI BINI ACTIVE Reese Capri Legging M Brewer Palm Print NWT Gym Pant
- R+A Womens Kiki Flare Leg Jeans Metallic bluee Leather Size 24
- ONE TEASPOON AWESOME BAGGIES IN COBAIN 27 RIPS HOLES DISTRESSED
- Miss Me Jeans size 27x33
- LINGERIE SOUTIEN GORGE 95HH (=95L) ELOMI MORGAN
- Stunning Women's Versace 28 Denim Jeans. Inseam 34". EUC W2
- RARE Madewell Skinny Skinny Ankle Coated Lakestorm Jeans 26x28 J.Crew
- ONE SIZE LONG SILK SATIN VINTAGE "PERRY ELLIS" LINGERIE ROBE PEIGblack
- BODY SENOS LIBRES REALZA COLA MATERIAL SUAVE. ABDOMEN CONTROL D&G-DJ08L4
- NWT Jones New York Duster Light Weight Multi-color Long Sleeve Size XL
- Robins Jeans Womens Size 27
- NWOT blueE FISH BARCLAY Cotton Hemp Four Square Pant Indigo Unprinted Size 2
- PRINGLE OF SCOTLAND LIGHT CASHMERE CREAM JUMPER (RRP )
- Sofie Schnoor Dusty pink Jumper ( Size Medium )
- La Redoute Womens Straight Trousers Length 24.5 350131782
- Kenneth Cole NEW White Women's Size Large L One-Piece Lattice Swimwear
- TRIBAL WOMEN'S Elegant Full Skirt - Embellished White & gold - Size M - NEW
- NEW Full Cover Islamic Muslim Modest Beachwear Navy Swimsuit 2 Piece
- DA NANG silk cream skirt lined embroydery battenburg lace SMALL strapless dress
- Moth Anthropologie Striped Wool Baby Doll Sweater Muted Rainbow Size M NWT
- Isaac Mizrahi Tailored Walking Shorts Lemon Print White Women's Size 6
- Vintage LL Bean Womens Large Cardigan Sweater Wool Blend Ski Nordic Fair Isle
- Rohan Ladies Travel Linen Skirt Size 10
- Pink lengha, indian outfit, pakistani dress
- HANNAH JO ANTHROPOLOGIE SEQUIN EMBELLISHED CARDIGAN TOP SHRUG XS
- Vince V197410972 Womens bluee Navy Button Down Sleeveless Shirt Top Blouse
- New Spring Womens Short Retro Bowknots Lace Up Falbala Sleeves White Blouse Tops
- NEW J.CREW SILK HEART OFF SHOULDER RUFFLE BLOUSE RED RUSTIC pink SIZE 6
- The Sage Boho Bohemian Top Blouse Lace S Peasant Romantic Sheer
- Everlane Size Small Button Front Shirt Long Sleeve Taupe Light Brown
- Ruby Road Favorites Petite Floral Scroll Puff Print Dress
- A CAJUN LIFE™ Women's short sleeve t-shirt
- Svevo Parma Dark bluee Solid Cotton Polo - (R7)
- MEN'S T-SHIRT POLO KADIN SLIM FIT LACOSTE [PF7845 7FY]
- USMC Marine Corps Stencil Button Down Fatigue Field Shirt Vietnam Sateen OG-107
- BIG SM EXTREME SPORTSWEAR Shirt T-Shirt Stretch Shirt Polo Shirt 2687
- Kappa Sportswear Terry Cloth T-Shirt Men's L White Red Gosha Street Adi das Wang
- Ely Cattleman Pearl Purple Buttons Star Embroidered Western Shirt bluee White XXL
- Moog The Symbol Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Cobra Kai FULLY EMBROIDERED PATCH Hoodie Karate Kid DOJO Retro No Mercy Strike
- Sean John Tiger Graphic Tshirt large brand new
- South Side Serpents Hoodie sweatshirt
- Vilebrequin Moorea Swim short Octopussy et Coquillages Bathing Suit
- DSQUARED2 - COSTUME SLIP BRIEF - D7B451730 400 - RED
- Shut Up Mum Hoodie Funny Hooded Hooded Mens Girl tumblr Insta Teenager Teen Rude
- SUNSEA T-Shirts 925151 Grey 2
- Liverpool 2006 - 2008 home football soccer shirt jersey Adidas size XL GERRARD
- SUPREME SS17 FADED FLANNEL ZIP UP PLAID pink SHIRT - SIZE L - THE REAL DEAL -
- Vintage 80s New Umbro Mens Medium Short Sleeve Scotland Soccer Jersey Navy bluee
- NEW Icebreaker Everyday Bodyfit 200 Base Layer Thermal Leggings -UPF 20+, M's L
- Officially Licensed Jim Morrison Portrait Epic Hoodie S-XXL Sizes
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Nino Foriero Randy River coat - Size L - used, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
PortWest Men Hi-Vis Multi-Norm Bib and Brace Yellow Navy multi Size FR63 to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email KIMONO HAORI JAPONAIS MADE IN JAPAN AUTHENTIQUE NEUF NEW WOOL LAINE + HIMO or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
THEORY Large Tan Waterproof Trenchcoat Inner Padded Vest InsertFjallraven Kanken No. 2 Dark Olive - SALE
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
SUITSUPPLY Suit Supply Grey Pinstripe Peak Blazer sz UK US 40 Drop 6R
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.The North Face - Men Thermoball Vest, Mid Grey
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.