SAVE THE DATES
Tankini FANTASIE OTTAWA pacific 85 90 95 100 105 J Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Billabong Dreamer One-Piece Swimsuit 7406 Size Medium
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Nanatte Lepore NEW bluee Women's Size Medium M One-Piece Swimwear 260: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Derek Lam Skirt Pleated Metallic Floral Print gold Size 4 IT 40 Gently Worn
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Trousers slim fit navy zipped ED HARDY hallyday T 38 fr 42i NEW value
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Trina Turk NEW bluee Womens Size 6 Plunged Floral One-Piece Swimwear 891J. Crew Women's Blazer Size 6 Linen Green NEW Career colorful Single ButtonVersus Versace Cream Trousers 38 NEW
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to email@example.com. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Splendid Beachwood Skinny Pant NWT SZ XL A429Theory Pants 256525 bluee PRag & Bone – Cut Off Denim Shorts DOUBLE blue 27Christian Lacroix Printed Silk Blend Skirt Set 46
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
VIKTOR&ROLF Skirts 402348 Pink 38 Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Blazer evening, Stenay, 100%-Silk Beads Sequins beautiful L
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Armani exchange womens Silk Cardigan Red Sweater
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Nicole Farhi Double Breasted Chunky Rib Knit Cardigan.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Adidas Clima Lite Boston Marathon 2015 Long Sleeve Shirt NWT Womens Medium
- New Helly Hansen Womens Large 1 2 Zip Fleece Sweater Magenta Purple
- Soft Surroundings Long Suede Coat Tan with cool cutouts Size XL worn once
- Coat Woman Winter Very Good Condition
- NWT NYDJ Congreenible Ankle White Denim Jeans "Alina" - Women's 16
- NEW Evisu Women's 1003 Boot Cut Rinko Jeans bluee Denim Assorted Size 27 MSRP
- Sexy agent provocateur bra set
- One Teaspoon Women's Authentic Eagles Jeans French blue Size 26 RRP BCF72
- VICTORIA'S SECRET FLANNEL SLEEP ROMPER PAJAMA HOLIDAY RED PLAID BLING LOGO S M L
- goldSign goldschmied Jeans High Waist Skinny Leg Sz 25 Dark bluee
- New Victoria's Secret Small-Fishnet Lace Lavender Teddy Bodysuit
- Nadasha Women's Casual Blouses T-Shirts Keyhole Tops Short Sleeve Shirts
- KAREN MILLEN Womens Capri Jeans W28 L19 bluee Cotton Slim DC02
- Y's Pants 830982 bluee 2
- Swix Cross Pant - Women's
- Theory Pants 012498 bluee 2
- Lilly Pulitzer Woman's Long Sleeve Beach Cover Up Top EUC Size M
- NWT DELFINA L bikini swimsuit designer side tie 2pc cocoa rust triangle
- J. Jill Long Sleeved Women's Floral Cardigan Size X-Small Petite
- Top Brand Orage Womens Ski Pants
- Free People Yellow Sz Small Long Sleeve Sweater Bag1
- GORGEOUS ADOLFO DOMINGUEZ NWOT FLIRTY ASYMMETRICAL SKIRTW 2 SLITS SZ 42
- L'Agent by Agent Provocateur Women's Vivid Soft Bikini Bra Pink L RRP BCF89
- Victorias Secret PINK Graphic Shorts Cut off Sweat Shorts Green NWOT XS
- Lafayette 148 New York Sz Small 6 Skirt 100% Silk Brown Abstract Sequin Hem Trim
- VERSACE ISTANTE Blouse Sz 42 Purple Wool Medusa Head Buttons Down Front
- Starry Breeze Blouse women top ladies Mgoldccan fashion style party and casual
- GÖSSL Atterseer Dirndl bluese Anna Plochl Satin Spitze weiß 38 M NEU NP 135,00
- Victoria's Secret Pink Mint bluee Sequin Long Sleeve Campus Shirt Tee (Large)
- J. Jill - L(14 16) Gorgeous 100% Pima Cotton Navy bluee Windswept Petals Top NWT
- The Mountain Patriotic Kitten Womens Tri-Blend Pet T Shirt
- Varsity Spirit UDA Dance 2016 Nationals turquoise bling shirt pink leggings XS S
- Sunny Leigh Sheer Paisley Accordion Pleated Tunic Top 3 4 Sleeve Size M Chest 36
- NEW With Tags LuLaRoe 3XL Irma Women's Top
- KENZO PARIS POLO bluee lime pink T SHIRT XXL
- BROOKS BredHERS Casual Shirts 985598 PinkｘMulticolor S
- RALPH LAUREN POLO 1 4 ZIP LONG SLEEVE SHIRT GRANITE SZ XL NEW
- POLO RALPH LAUREN MEN'S BASEBALL BEAR LOGO 67 SHIRT NAVY SIZE M THESPOT917
- Shirt Mens Shirt G Fellini Clothing Collar Late '80s orange Tangerine XL New
- Turnbull & Asser 15.5collar shirt, button cuff
- Troy Lee Designs KTM White Team T-Shirt
- Champion Oxford Grey Big C Logo L S T-Shirt
- Nurse Only A Can Drug You Cut Your Clothes Off Tie Down Gildan Hoodie Sweatshirt
- Brooks Running Men's Go-To 2" Split Short
- Who M.D - Unisex Sweater Jumper - Doctor House Tv Gift - 8 Colours
- GIVENCHY Red Satin Halo Mawomen T-Shirt Size 36 S Columbian FW17 RRP
- COLUMBIA LONG SLEEVE SHIRT W CAMO, HUNTING, TEXAS A&M AGGIES, MEN SZ XXL
- POLO RALPH LAUREN RRL VINTAGE INDIGO DYED blueE CALICO BERNARD WORK VEST +
- Orlebar Brown Mens Bulldog Huron Gradient Mid Length Swim Shorts Size 32”W New
- Parc III Regular Fit Solid Tan Two Button Suit With Flat Front Pants
- Sweatshirt Pyrex Men 34251 BORDEAU-S
- Mens Vintage German Hooded Warm Military Parka Medium Coat See Measurements
- AMIRI men’s Glitter Snake Hoodie Brand New With Tags
- CAMP FOSTER MARINE CORPS GINOWAN-JAPAN EMBLEM SWEATSHIRT
- Vintage 90's Jerzees Red Hoodie Hooded Sweatshirt mens Size large Made In USA
- If You Can Read This The Bitch Fell Off Funny Biker Hooded Sweatshirt Hoodie
- CARHARTT SS SCRIPT T-SHIRT CARHARTT I023803 lavender primla logo manica corta UO
- NWT AMERICAN EAGLE MENS CLASSIC FIT SHORTS SIZE 30
- Bathing Suit Man Size L Massana New Washer Man Swimsuit Badeanzug Bathing 5
- DENIM & SUPPLY RALPH LAUREN MENS STRAIGHT DISTRESSED JEANS SIZE 32X32
- NEW Citizens of Humanity Premium Vintage Noah Super Skinny Calexico 34 x 33
- Jeans 95205 FIRETRAP SKINNY JEANS men BLEACH WASH Denim Pants
- KNOTT Sweaters 738652 bluee 1
- Maloja Maglia a Maniche Lunghe Signalm. Longsleeve blue Tinta Unita Jersey
- 7 For All Mankind Jeans MENS 36 X 34 JEANS Distressed
- colorful Standard Classic Organic Crew Unisex Jumper - Faded Pink All Sizes
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Tory Burch Wide Leg Wool Pants size 4, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
J Brand New With Tags Selena Mid-Rise Cropped Jeans - White Lace White Lace to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
SEA NY Cable Knit Sweater w Lace Inset Cream XS NWTPlantation Sweaters 016259 GreyｘMulticolor M
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Pull winnie sézane size S TBE
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Armani Jeans AJ Jeans Trouser MADE IN ITALY Woman bluees B5P03DH Cam 95
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.