SAVE THE DATES
DIANEvonFURSTENBERG NELLY RACING TWEED PEACH SKIRT SZ 10 Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership TRACY REESE Metallic gold Snake Skin Print Skirt Size 4 NWT
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Herve Leger telma multi chevron textured tipping skirt size xs: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Barneys Daytona Beach Pistol Pete High Quality Wmns Small Motorcycle Punk Carry
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Womens Cole Haan Trench Coat Raincoat Sz 4 Green w Pink Lining Button Front EUC
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Womens Leather 3 4 Length Jones NY Sz Sm JktNWT WOOLRICH GEOMETRIC DOBBY COAT Size LargePyrenex Down Ski Vest, size 38, small
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
DL2 by Dawn Levy Lace Sleeve Lia Moleskin Asymmetrical Zip Parka Sz S100% Real Fox Fur vest colorful short Korean Gilet Coat Fur OutwearManteau asymétrique capuche gothique punk lolita vintage spike corset PunkRaveDESIGUAL BY L AMY SKIRT 36-42 RRP NAVY blueE PRETTY YELLOW EMBROIDERY LACROIX
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Veste-blouson PAUL SMITH brown - 38 40 Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, NWT Eva & Claudi Neutral Tones Silk Tweed Rear-Lace-Up Skirt Size 40
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
JUPE " BILBAO" ISABEL MARANT GRANDE LIGNE ,NEUVE, ÉTIQUETÉE
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the J.Crew Navy bluee & Green Metallic Floral No. 2 Pencil Skirt Sz 00 SOLD OUT.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- ProSphere Women's Santa Clara University Tailgate Hoodie Sweatshirt (Apparel)
- Adidas By Stella McCartney Athletic Cropped Gym Leggings Size 8 Small
- NWT Coldwater Creek Plus Sz 2X Mirror Sequin Shell Top Navy Cruise Evening New
- Free People Womens Leggings XS Stretch Fabric Semi Sheer
- GIANNI BINI ACTIVE Reese Capri Legging M Brewer Palm Print NWT Gym Pant
- R+A Womens Kiki Flare Leg Jeans Metallic bluee Leather Size 24
- ONE TEASPOON AWESOME BAGGIES IN COBAIN 27 RIPS HOLES DISTRESSED
- Miss Me Jeans size 27x33
- LINGERIE SOUTIEN GORGE 95HH (=95L) ELOMI MORGAN
- Stunning Women's Versace 28 Denim Jeans. Inseam 34". EUC W2
- Trend women Jeans Svasati con Pulsante Volare Incl. Cintura Bianco H1570
- Jag Jeans Women's Marla Denim Legging, Drab Green Camo, Small
- NATURANA 3227 Body mit Satinoptik 75 - 95, B C D Cup, weiß skin
- 【USA SHIP】Breast Forms Crossdresser D Cup Fake Boobs 1000g pair False Enhancer
- NWT Womens JONES SPORT bluee HEAVY DENIM JEANS Stretch TAPER 6 5 4 Leg31 COLOMBIA
- Vintage Marc Jacobs FW2000 Red Leather Pants sz 4
- ST. JOHN SPORT Light bluee Santana Knit Straight Leg Casual Pant Sz S GG4702
- UjENA Sheer Stars Stripes Tie Tonga Z310 Celebrate the USA
- GUESS WOMENS FLORAL TRIANGLE BIKINI SIZE LARGE
- Kinross Cashmere Women Lime Green Long Sleeve Ruffle Cardigan Wrap Sweater Sz M
- SummerSexy♡ NWT L SPACE Swimwear Sao Paulo Romper Maxi Dress orange S
- Women's Clothing-Key West size 14 multi color floral skirt
- MarlaWynne FLATTERfit Solid Straight-Leg Pant pull on 16
- Torrid Women Plus Sz 4 One Piece Swimsuit Move Collection Geometric Mosaic Print
- Mountain Hardwear Womens Size 2 Ramesa Scout Shorts Army Green NWT
- Sakkas Mariana Tie Dye Vine Print Dress Cover Up with Sequins and Embroidery
- Mechant Gorgeous Taupe Tiered Ruffle Crochet Trim Lace Inset Button Sweater Sz S
- Alice + Olivia Women’s Silk Blouse Size XS
- XCVI Plus 100% Linen Boxy Pink Lagenlook Tunic Blouse Top 1X Made In USA
- NWT Elegant Vince Camuto Flutter Sleeve Blouse Size M, Antique White
- RARE VTG 100% AUTH JAPANESE SCRIPT TATOO EMBROIDERED UNISEX SHORT TSHIRT TEE
- Papillon Multi color pink Red Floral Sleeveless Blouse Size M - NWT Flare Hem
- ELEGANT SHIMMERY WHITE LONG SLEEVE LADIES DRESSY BLOUSE SIZE SMALL
- Anthro Akemi + Kin Aluna Lurex Top - Size XL
- New JOULES Cream Navy Stripe RIVIERA Short Sleeve Dress Size 18
- LIKELY Women's Cavanaugh Gingham Corset Top - Choose SZ color
- BH MOVEMENT T-Shirts 805002 Beige ONE
- Paul & Shark Yachting Long Sleeve Button Front Shirt Paisley Mens Large L
- James Perse Buttton Up Polo Size XL
- Prana Mens Stratford Flannel Shirt long sleeve brown sepia NEW NWT Size Large
- Savile Row Men's bluee White Reverse Stripe Poplin Slim Fit Non-Iron Shirt - Doub
- Pool Skull Longsleeve Rashguard T-Shirts
- Roundtree Yorke gold Label Dress Shirt 17.5 - 38 39 Tall bluee Tattersall NWT
- DC COMICS SUPERMAN BLAST OFF SUBLIMATION MENS T SHIRT
- ROBERT GRAHAM MEN’S BUTTON FRONT LONG SLEEVE SHIRT SIZE XL
- Hurley Roam Crew Fleece (Navy) M
- M.I.D.A Brown Trench Coat IT 50
- Oxxford 100% Cashmere Light Brown Herringbone Sportcoat 40 R
- silverina Play Hard Soccer Ball World Team 2014 ARG Two Tone Hoodie Sweatshirt
- Steven Alan Men's Shirt, Purple White Gingham, Sz XL Slim
- Original Penguin Dark Sapphire durchgehendes Stern-Shirt - Opws9104-413
- NWOT Vintage Sims Shaun Palmer Sweatshirt L XL VERY RARE 80s 90s Snowboarding
- Blaklader Sweatshirt Half Zip - 3371
- Fashion 3D Sweatshirts Print Spit Tongue Dog Hooded Hoodies Thin Autumn Winter
- MASSACHUSETTS STATE SCRIBBLE FLAG UNISEX SWEATER TOP GIFT MASSACHUSETTSAN
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- VALENTINO Brown Wool Skirt With 3 Button Accent6, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Shirin Guild skirt 100% linen art to wear asymmetrical sz S to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
SUPERBE Veste longue manteau à volants coton black bouton GUESS JEANS L 40 42Wildfox Womens Bride WTL1673A1 Hoodie Relaxed CWNS White Size M
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
New Brooks Bredhers Women Trench Coat Size 12 Navy Long Double Breasted Raincoat
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.By Malene Birger Skirts 747740 Brown S
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.