SAVE THE DATES
NIKE DRY LUX FLOW Women's Training Trousers 933668 size S BLK Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Adidas Women Supernova 3 4 Pants Tight Training Fitness Flower Pink Pant AI3274
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Lauren Ralph Lauren Womens Houndstooth Wool Equestrian Buttons Full Zip Sz 16: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
UNIK Ladies Zippered Lightweight Fashion Motorcycle Biker Leather Vest
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
VIntage Faux Fur & Leather Womans Coat England
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Eddie Bauer Camel colord Shearling Coat, Womens 10Jessica Simpson Womens Ivory Quilted Down Basic Coat Outerwear XL BHFO 1307Dennis Basso Faux Fur & Water Resistant Puffer Reversible Coat, Size XXS,
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
NEW LANE BRYANT NAVY DOUBLE BREASTED TRENCH COAT BY MYNT1792 SZ 2X 18 20Gorgeous Fitted Anne Fontaine Brown Shai Blazer With Ruffled Collar & Belt Sz 3NEW FREE PEOPLE IVORY SHAGGY FRINGE PINATA PARADE VEST SZ L LARGEVINTAGE FOX FUR STOLE CAPE
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
New RENA ROWAN bluee Satin Floral Knee Suit Dress Career Over Car Coat Womens 18 Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Adidas 3 Stripes Leggings BP5246 INK Clothing Size S
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
J.CREW NEW Excursion Vest Camouflage Camo Quilted Down Puffer NWT XXS
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Ralph Lauren Womens Vintage Floral Double Breasted Vest S M Cotton Red Denim.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- ProSphere Women's Santa Clara University Tailgate Hoodie Sweatshirt (Apparel)
- Adidas By Stella McCartney Athletic Cropped Gym Leggings Size 8 Small
- NWT Coldwater Creek Plus Sz 2X Mirror Sequin Shell Top Navy Cruise Evening New
- Free People Womens Leggings XS Stretch Fabric Semi Sheer
- GIANNI BINI ACTIVE Reese Capri Legging M Brewer Palm Print NWT Gym Pant
- R+A Womens Kiki Flare Leg Jeans Metallic bluee Leather Size 24
- ONE TEASPOON AWESOME BAGGIES IN COBAIN 27 RIPS HOLES DISTRESSED
- Miss Me Jeans size 27x33
- LINGERIE SOUTIEN GORGE 95HH (=95L) ELOMI MORGAN
- Stunning Women's Versace 28 Denim Jeans. Inseam 34". EUC W2
- Paige Denim Women Verdugo Ankle Skinny Jeans Light Wash 28.
- Sloggi Wow Komfort P Gepolstert Bügellos Bh Neu Beige (00lz) 32c Cs
- Lusofie Nightgown Women Long Sleepshirts Henley Nightshirt Soft Sleepwear wit...
- Creative Crochet Rhonda Robertson Pure Wool Waistcoat Sun Stars Size 16
- SIZE 10 FAUX FUR COAT WITH HOOD & BOBBLE TRIM BY M&S..WORN ONCE ONLY
- Rare Agent Provocateur Pink Shannon Bikini Size 4 NWT
- Beach Bunny Swimwear Hips Don’t Lie Red & gold Coin Detail Bikini New
- Fitness Bikini, Competition Set, Fashion Dress, Bikini Suit, Competition Bikini
- (NWOT ANTHROPOLOGIE ROSIE NEIRA INTARSIA SPOTTED CARDIGAN, sz L)
- NWOT Athleta Halasana Seamless 7 8 Tight, Auberge SIZE M N0306
- Style & Co. Petite Button-Front Denim Midi Skirt
- Rare MaxMara Weekend Knit Brown ivory Cardigan Sz.M Wool cashmere angora
- ° BERENICE °- Jupe en jean blue MEXICO size 26
- Womens Sweater 100% Wool Size Large Green Button Down Long Sleeve Embroidered
- Nanette Lepore bluee Multi Floral Festival Cold-Shoulder Tunic Cover-Up XS-S
- Fantasie San Francisco FS6144 WP wired Padded Gathered Bikini Top Hot Coral 38F
- Fantasie Steinhaufen mit FS5952 bluee Lagune (Bln) 38DD
- NWOT PERO 100% Cotton Embroidered White Top Blouse S PRISTINE
- Free People “Flowers in her Hair” Tunic
- New Jcrew Popover shirt with lace bib White G8647 Size 00
- Johnny Was size M long boho tunic 3 4 sleeve embroidered crochet Cream LUXE
- LuLaRoe Irma Top Size Small - Light bluee Heatherd & OS Leggings
- Joie Mahaut Porcelain & Dark Navy Tank
- Beautiful Embroidered Sun Top by Hazel New MSRP
- New Kruger Dirndl Bardot Off Shoulder Blouse Top in Sz 12 in White
- ONLY MAGLIA MILA CLASSIC - YOLK YELLOW - L (5713770046134)
- VINTAGE 80'S STP T-SHIRT 5050 SUPREME MEN'S SIZE 38 - 40
- Portuguese Flannel - Studio Hemd - weinred black kariert - NEU & OVP ( AW18039
- NWT AGAVE Eggplant Purple L S 4 Btn Cotton Blend Henley T Shirt XL
- 80's T&C Surf Designs T-shirt Men's X Large Mint Green
- Worker Shirt with a Tattoo Gothik Motif Model Model Viking Brown
- ProSphere Men's Fairmont State University Geometric Long Sleeve Tee (FSU)
- Lanai Mens White Short Sleeve Henley Americas Cup Sailing Tee Shirt Size L NWT
- ----- Robert Graham long sleeve button down heavy cotton shirt men's Medium
- Camisa Vaquera (Western Shirt CW) L Sleeve ID 34121 El General Yellow
- KENNY "SQUEAK" SCOLARI BASEketball BEERS MOVIE JERSEY SEWN NEW ANY SIZE
- Napapijri GIACCONE TECNICO ARONA BEIGE Beige mod. N0YFSKNA2
- BROOKS BredHERS 1818 REGENT LUXURY DESIGNER SUIT Lgold PIANA WOOL FABRIC 40x33x31
- Rugby Hoodie Hoody Funny Novelty hooded Top - Rugby Hooligans Game
- JAMES PERSE Man's Button Up T-Shirt NEW Size 4 X-Large Made in USA
- Vintage 90 Hang Ten Longboard Surfer Beach Button Down Shirt Striped Linen Blend
- Shadow Men's Heated Hoodie - Officially Licensed Mossy Oak® Break-Up®
- CMP CAMPAGNOLO CAMPAGNOLO SOFTSHELL JUNIOR - FUCSIA-4A
- NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE SCRIBBLE FLAG UNISEX HOODIE TOP GIFT NEW HAMPSHIRITE
- Superior Akari Hoodie - Grey White
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Eddie Bauer Petite Girl On The Go Insulated Trench Coat - Womens -, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Eddie Bauer Reading Glasses 8208 in Olive to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Wilson's Leather Women's SIZE S Small bluee Belted Peacoat NWT RetailNWT Lands End Women's Wool Car Coat 8
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Vtg 80s Metallic bluee LACE TEDDY THONG L Juliana Snap Pinup Bridal USA Lingerie
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Ralph Lauren bluee Label 3 Button Wide Wale Corduroy Blazer TAN SZ 14
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.