SAVE THE DATES
Women's Tahari Ellie Double Face Wool Blend Wrap Coat Belted , Pale bluee Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Sold Out Maison Scotch & Soda Studded Vest
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Mountain Hardwear X COLE HAAN ZEROGRAND FUNNEL HOODED PARKA - WOMEN'S OL7319: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
NEW STYLE SUMMER 2018 DRESS TO KILL ARTSY JANE MOHR LAGENLOOK
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
K-WAY LILY PLUS DOUBLE - White-bluee Depht
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Cartoon Women's Coat bluee (Zen bluee 8381) 12 .MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA Blazer black, US 8Diesel Kerbi-Ne Giacca Joggjeans Chaqueta de women Estilo Motero
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to email@example.com. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Drawer Skirts 324780 GreyｘMulticolor 38GIACCA PELLE women RAGAZZA CONFORMATA TASCHE LATERALI ZIP ART. R330F0-MIROGLIOBeautiful goods Issei Miyake pleated pleated skirtKAREN MILLEN Genuine Soft Leather Pastel Pink Pencil Skirt Immaculate Size 14
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
WOOD WOOD Mitzi Trousers creme M, Cremig, 11811608-1221 Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, CLEARANCE SALE SUPERB PASTEL MINK FUR COAT NO MONOGRAM
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Damsel in a Dress Green Coat Size 12
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the W118 Walter Baker YELLOW OMBRE Evan soft Leather Moto Sz L- Ret now.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- ProSphere Women's Santa Clara University Tailgate Hoodie Sweatshirt (Apparel)
- Adidas By Stella McCartney Athletic Cropped Gym Leggings Size 8 Small
- NWT Coldwater Creek Plus Sz 2X Mirror Sequin Shell Top Navy Cruise Evening New
- Free People Womens Leggings XS Stretch Fabric Semi Sheer
- GIANNI BINI ACTIVE Reese Capri Legging M Brewer Palm Print NWT Gym Pant
- R+A Womens Kiki Flare Leg Jeans Metallic bluee Leather Size 24
- ONE TEASPOON AWESOME BAGGIES IN COBAIN 27 RIPS HOLES DISTRESSED
- Miss Me Jeans size 27x33
- LINGERIE SOUTIEN GORGE 95HH (=95L) ELOMI MORGAN
- Stunning Women's Versace 28 Denim Jeans. Inseam 34". EUC W2
- NWT Hanro Shaping Top Natural Shaping Adjustable Congreenible Straps Sz M 1956
- INC. Plus Size Jeans Denim Straight Leg Slim Fit Tech Women's Petite 24WP NWT
- Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy Push Up Bra Size 34D New v22
- Jaeger White Safari Style Casual Cotton Blazer, Size 14, BNWT, On Trend
- LADIES NEXT MIXED WOOL BEIGE COAT SIZE 12
- Hand Knit Women poncho XS,S,M,L,XL,XXL Wool Hand Knit cape,palantine,bolero f9
- Le Suit Women's Light Pink gold Tweed Blazer Double Breasted 3 Button 10 12
- New Women's Mikon Low Deep V Cut Halter army M
- Anna Sui Denim Stretch Maxi Skirt Trumpet Mermaid Medium bluee size 10
- Maglie per ef-de Skirts 685582 WhiteｘMulticolor 9
- Women's Malai Bikini Top S Pink Multi color Polyamide Spandex
- Victoria's Secret Pink Embroidered pinks Classic Sweat Pants Size XS NWT
- BEREK Christmas Embellished Embroidered Beaded Dogs Cardigan Sweater Sz Small
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Jeweled Holiday Cardigan Sweater Women's L Green Cashmere Party
- Brand New The North Face Purple Sweater Size Small NWT
- Tie Around Maxi Skirt Cover Up
- ZARA TROPICAL PRINT SHORTS HOT PANTS BLOGGERS CELEBRITY OLIVIA PALERMO SIZE S 8
- Me ISSEY MIYAKE WOMEN's Shirt
- NWT'S Zadig Et Voltaire Daphnee White Cotton Slub Draped Open Front Cardigan M
- Citron of Santa Monica M NWOT 100% silk floral Kimono Art to Wear tunic
- Ne-net Tops & Blouses 031083 White 2
- 188 Joie 100% Silk Sleeveless Aruna Python Print Blouse Size XS
- Lana T-Shirts 201591 White L
- Cabi Women Button Down Shirt Denim Waterfront Top S
- BNWT River Island Ladies Multicoloured Tropical Blouse Shirt UK Size 8
- Free People Womens Marry Anne Basic T-Shirt
- A BATHING APE Men's BAPE x MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN TEE White Japan New
- Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Rubgy Jersey - Navy bluee orange Size XL
- FANZHUAN Stylish Mens Shirts Print Shirts Men Shirt Non Iron Fitted Dress Shirts
- NWT Vtg 90s SEA WORLD ORCA KILLER WHALE theme park souvenir T-shirt XL maroon
- Mens Top T-shirt Stripe Cotton Linen Botton Stand Collar Cardigan Casul Slim Fit
- English Laundry Classic Collection Hand Sewn Mens Long Sleeve Dress Shirt L 16.5
- Vintage 90s Nautica Plaid Button Down Shirt Mens Size Large Grunge Long Sleeve
- New 2018 Brand POLO Shirt Men Cotton Fashion Skull Dots Print Camisa Summer
- VOLCOM CLASSIC FIT FLANNEL XL
- Kapuzensweatshirt black Vintage Gothik Tattoo Oldschoolmotiv Cross Skull Chai
- 100% AUTHENTIC Vilebrequin St.Tropez MISTRAL LIMITED EDITION Nr.49 Size XL NEW
- Men's bluee Tweed 3 Piece Suit -Peaky Blinder Slim Fit Vintage Formal Party Groom
- Bigfoot BELIEVE THIS snowman YETI HIDE AND SEEK Sasquatch MENS FUNNY HOODIE
- NEW KITON SHIRT 100% COTTON MOD. UCID 19H239
- Versace Versus White Medusa T-Shirt M Polo Coat shoes Shirt Top Sneakers Jeans
- Oakland Hates You Hoodie - Hoody Men S-3XL Fruitvale Dogtown Rancho San Antonio
- Mens Heavyweight Henley Jersey S-3XL
- THRASHER MAGAZINE HOODIE NAVY blueE SIZE M
- NEW NIKE PRO COMBAT HYPERSTRONG 2,0 BASKETBALL PADDED SHORTS 503318-010 3XL
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Margaret Howell Women's Coat Navy Solid Cotton Front Button Stylish Cool Smart, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Ladies SOFT PLUSH Canadian RACCOON FUR COAT great shape SMALL PETITE FIT to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email LIU JO GIUBBOTTO GIACCA women black SATINATO STRASS GIUBBINO BOMBER CON CAPPUCCIO or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Vintage Women's Mid Winter Long Collar Coats Lamb Wool Fur Winter Warm OutwearAX Armani Exchange Women's Zipper Blazer (Dark Grey, 4)
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
VINTAGE VALENTINO NIGHT gold LEATHER + SATIN LEAF PATTERN SKIRT
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Vintage women Real Piel Abrigo en Marrón Axila Axila 50.8cm Largo 104cm (F55)
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.